Sunday, May 8, 2011

Thing 33: Go to 5 concerts

As many of you know, I live my life for live music.  Yeah, okay so maybe not so much.  I can probably count on one hand the number of concerts I've been to.  But they are just so loud!  And they end so late at night.  Regardless, the shows I've seen have been pretty good.  Anyone else remember that time I had front row tickets for the Hip on my birthday and I came home with a set list, a guitar pick and half of Gord Downie's mic stand?  Those were good times.  And while it is doubtful that I will repeat that golden night from my youth, I can at least try to relive my glory days by taking in a few more live shows.  Also, I feel I'm better prepared now - I have a Zippo lighter app on my phone.  Note:  Neither a musical in Toronto nor the Toronto Symphony Orchestra are concerts.

How will I know I'm done?
5 late nights, 10 ringing ears, 5 tickets with 20% "convenience fees"....  Maybe I'll make EDP buy me a t-shirt from each one so I can show off 5 t-shirts (don't look at me like that - this 101 Things venture is already costing me a small fortune.)

How am I doing?
In July, 2011, I saw Weezer & the Hip, in August 2011, I saw Maroon 5 and Train and in June 2012, I saw the Hip again with Death Cab for Cutie.

No comments:

Post a Comment