Sunday, April 10, 2011

Thing 40: Bake a delicious angel food cake from scratch

From everything I've heard, baking an angel food cake (from scratch) is one of the hardest things to do well.  I LOVE angel food cake.  So does EDP.  It's super easy to make from a mix and I will admit that this is the only way I've ever made it!  But it's time to learn to make it from scratch.  Lucky for me, I have at least 3 recipes for it that I can try.  And I'll keep trying until I get it right.

How will I know I'm done?
I will have made an angel food cake - without a mix - that is "spongy, slightly chewy and sweet, with a nice hint of flavoring"  (I got this definition from baking911.com.)

How am I doing?
So far, I've made one.  It's in the oven right now but I already know it won't turn out.

No comments:

Post a Comment